I’m going crazy for pink this season, particularly blush. A few weeks ago I noticed I was instantly attracted to the color pink. I assume this was because we are currently beginning our 8th month of winter and I was subconsciously seeking spring.
But as the rest of the world is welcoming this glorious season I see that I’m not the only one who’s crushing on pink. This key neutral is perfectly paired with navy, green even last season’s hot color-red. Here is how I’m refreshing my closet with my new obsession. incorporating
just 5 key “blush” items into my wardrobe.
- It all started with a stroll through Target when I eyed this cute little clutch. My sister is the clutch queen (she inspires me to travel light) I thought Oh.. I could totally see myself stepping into spring while toting only my essentials in this cute little bag. I was surprised at how much stuff I was willing to go without just so I could carry it.
- My next love affair is with these cute little booties in blush. Around these parts it’s likely I’ll still be stepping over puddles and dodging snow piles so a spring bootie is very practical. I found them on Jane.com. I’ve worn them with my olive jeggings, my wine colored slacks and they are awesome with denim.
- Literally snatched this pretty cardigan up on my way to the checkout counter. Can you say impulse buy? No regrets- The best part of having a color obsession is you don’t have to over think the purchase. You know you have room in your wardrobe to make this piece work repeatedly. The cardigan is perfect over a navy blouse and I wore it with my floral cherry tunic and of course if you slip on the booties it pulls it all together.
- I found this beautiful scarf while I was in Paris. I originally bought it for my sister but just couldn’t part with it. (I bought her a different one) The light feel and feminine nature of it was why I fell in love in the first place and now I’m pulling it into all my outfits. If your not able to jet over to Paris this spring to pick one up then your next best option is Amazon. I have this very classic navy blazer but when I add the soft pretty Paris scarf it doesn’t have to be all business. And it has the opposite effect when I wear it with my super comfy distressed skinny boyfriend jeans in grey wash that I picked up on sale at Maurices.
- Every spring wardrobe needs a girly dress and this one fit’s my obsession perfectly. When I needed a dress for my daughter’s baby shower I found this beauty on Amazon. of course I had to hem it (short people problems) but it’s to die for comfortable and makes me feel pretty. Yep my booties and pink cardigan look great with this but I like it better with grey. The pink/grey combination is a classic elegant look and I just happen to have a short little grey sweater with pearl buttons and grey suede mules that scream Easter Party.