So I had torn out a great recipe from the August 2015 issue of Realsimple magazine but it didn’t have the nutritional breakdown. At the time I didn’t really care because I was consuming 8000 cal. a day (probably not an exaggeration)
Since I’m now watching my calorie intake, I searched their website and found the recipe, it came in at a whopping 580 cal. Not even on my best day would I have enough calories left over at dinner time to afford this so I used myfitnesspal app, uploaded the recipe using the url and then made some adjustments. This was so much easier than I thought and I managed to bring it down to 190 calories.
The biggest change was the meat. It called for Rib-Eye steak. I am a huge fan of a good Rib-Eye but that might have something to do with why I’m 50 lbs over weight. I replaced it with a lean top round steak. I know… I know… sacrifices must be made. I also reduced the amount of potatoes and replaced the fingerling potatoes with small red potatoes. I can’t believe how fast this brought the total calorie count down.
Check out my reduced cal. recipe
Modified-STEAK WITH TOMATO VINAIGRETTE & SMASHED POTATOES
The original recipe can be found at realsimple.com Follow link for preparation directions.
· 1 lb., Top Round Steak
· 6 small red potatoes
· 1.00 grams (1/4 tsp), Coarse Kosher Salt
· 1 Tbsp. chopped, Chives, raw
· 1 Tbsp., Oil – Olive
· 1 Tbsp., Vinegar, Wine Red
· 1 cup, Cherry Tomatoes Raw
· 1 tsp, white sugar
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 6 g 9 % ,Saturated Fat 2 g 8 % , Monounsaturated Fat 3 g , Polyunsaturated Fat 0 g, Trans Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 68 mg 23 %
* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.
for the preparation direction use original recipe link